Sunday, August 15, 2010

Marshmallow wars

OK, so around an hour ago I overheard my sister, Hazel (as in Hazelnut) and my brother Sparkle (he chose that), arguing. I didn't hear much as I wasn't exactly interested and was trying to focus on writing, that was, until I heard the word marshmallow. On hearing said word I called out to Hazel and asked for a one, she called back saying that she'd in fact said 'her pillow', and seeing as I hadn't heard the conversation, I assumed she was telling the truth.

Half an hour later I heard a similar argument between the two again, though this time I distinctively heard Hazel say "Gees Sparkle, can you smell them or something!" before the word marshmallow was used again. Once again I called out to Hazel (being to lazy to actually get up) and once again, I received that answer that she'd said 'her pillow' not 'marshmallow'. Being too lazy I didn't pursue this, then I went and watched TV with Sparkle. After the program ended he proceeded to inform me that Hazel was hiding a bag of marshmallows in her room. Usually I'd ignore anything he said (he's a liar!), but seeing as I thought I'd heard several mentions to marshmallow's before I went and checked.

Hazel was in her room, doing stuff on the Internet (I think it was moshi monsters or something). When I came in and demanded she give me marshmallows she simply informed me, once again, that she didn't have any. Determined not to give up, we proceeded to have a discussion over this fact (most of it involving me pestering her for marshmallows). Now Hazel is a very good liar (I take full credit for that), but her skills died today as her story kept altering slightly. At some points she'd deny having any marshmallows and at others she'd almost imply it. Finally, Sparkle came in and preceded to find the hidden bag; at this point hell broke loose and the true war began. Hazel graped the bag and tried to keep it away from the two of us, until I managed to pull her to the ground, after which a lot of wrestling took place. Finally (after I let Hazel go on one occasion after she promised to let me have a marshmallow if I let her go, only to have her lie to me) Sparkle got hold of the bag and ran to his room (dumb move I must say). Hazel ran after him, me in close pursuit. In Sparkle's room the battle continued until Hazel got hold of the bag again and promised me a marshmallow should I let her go. Me being a dumb trusting idiot, trusted her. She sat up, pulled out a marshmallow, held it out to me then ate it as I reached for it.

At this point I was rather annoyed. As she ate the marshmallow victoriously I leapt at her, grabbed the bag out of her expecting hand and bolted the heck out of that room, laughing like a maniac. I ran through the house, dodging my parents while I fled for my life both laughing and screaming at the same time as I knew if Hazel caught me, I'd be dead. Finally I hit a dead end in my parents room where Resha (I have no idea, she chose it) was on the computer and Link (as in Zelda and Link, as he's still tried to beat one of the games) was on the wii. Now as I ran in screaming I jumped on the bed and tried to keep away from Hazel, Link decided to join in. Once again we ended up wrestling for the marshmallows, only this time Hazel tackled me. Finally, after a valiant struggle, Hazel got her marshmallows back and when back to her room. But to not fear, by this point I'd already eaten one, and had managed to steal another three with the help of Link who also grabbed a few.

At this very moment Hazel is steaming in her room, and I remain victorious.
Well not exactly as she seemed rather uncaring when I went to ask her what name she me to use for this blog. I'm beginning to think my family has simply stopped expecting maturity from me. Not that I'm complaining.

Until next time!
Peanut~

1 comment:

  1. Peanut, it's been two weeks! Surely you can post again. Speaking as someone who hangs out with you, I'm fairly sure you can't pull the 'nothing's been happening' trick. Surely you'll remember the time you collapsed in the library when your sister compared you to an elephant (probably down to MDB). Or the whole angel/devil thing. Come on, I like reading about myself. I'm starting to realise exactly why everyone reads my blog. It may be narcissistic, but re-reading things you did earlier in the day is fun.

    ReplyDelete