Thursday, September 23, 2010

Planes and airports

Hey all!
Ok, just so you all know, I'm finding even more difficult to concentrate right now then usual. A nasty side effect of staying awake for over 24 hours straight. Yeah... my bad.
Anyways, at the mo it's 9.15 am on the 23, yes, Thursday. But wait for it! Right all my Aussie friends are enjoying first period on Friday! Gotta love time zone changes. So now I will officially have lived through the 23rd twice.
Yes, seeing as we've waiting for our third and final plane till we get to Florida, I will give you my own twist on surviving a 14 hour flight.

1. Get on plane and realise that the seats aren't nearly cramped as you remember.
2. Sit back and enjoy the take off from the window seat you stole off your sisters, only then notice the random lady in the isle next to yours watching you.
3. As soon the seat belt sign goes off, start watching movies.
4. After a few hours and two movies eat the lunch the flight provides and once again notice random lady watching, though now with added annoyance of sister next to you complaining,too loudly, about the smell of the person in front to them.
5. Many movies later, decide you can't put off using the bathroom any longer, then get freaked out the the dammed vacuum flush.
6. Finish yet another movie to realise that the crappy headphones are making your ears hurt. Steal good quality ones off dad.
7. Ignore parents suggestions to get sleep, and watch yet another movie.
8. Bribe sister into eating strange 'dinner' the plane gives you, smells like fish but the assure you it's chicken.
9. Watch more movies, even though you promised yourself you'd get some sleep.
10. As sun rises outs realise you didn't sleep at all, shrug and eat weird pancakes they give you for breakfast.
11. Now that plane has landed you discover few other family members got any sleep. Discover this is particularly true for youngest brother, who didn't drink enough either, and proceeded to throw up just outside the plane.
12. Nickname brother spinach boy, as brussel sprouts kid doesn't sound as good.

Yeah. You gotta love Link. I tried to claim no relation, but thinking back on it, I've done the same thing when I was young, so yeah. Perhaps more relation then previously expected.

Well, have fun!!

Peanut

1 comment:

  1. I've never been on a flight that long, so I can't really identifiy with link there. I just read Rachel's blog on the formal; I forgot you told me about the corsage... :)

    ReplyDelete